There are some important things you need to remember before you depart for your study abroad program.
- Managing your money abroad is one of the most important steps you can take to ensure you have a positive experience. Be sure and check the local banking regulations in the area to which you'll be traveling. It may be advantageous to open a local bank account to avoid paying expensive foreign transaction fees.
- Having a passport is an essential piece to your study abroad. All foreign travel
outside of the United States requires a passport.
- Your passport MUST be valid for at least SIX MONTHS after your expected return
- For information on applying for a passport, click here.
- In almost all cases, a student visa is required for your study abroad program. It is your responsibility to make sure that you follow all visa regulations for the country to which you will be traveling.
- NOTE: Visa regulations are constantly changing, so its advised that you frequently check for the specific visa instructions for your country.